What causes periodontal disease
Periodontal disease is caused by local irritation of gingival swelling and bleeding due to calculus and plaque, which continuously destroys periodontal attachment, leads to alveolar bone resorption, and causes tooth loosening and displacement, thus affecting chewing function and aesthetics.
Remember that teeth are an extremely important part of our body and we need to use them to eat every day to provide us with nutrients, but when starches and sugars in food interact with bacteria commonly found in the mouth, they form on the teeth. Plaque.
Although plaque can be removed by brushing and flossing after eating, plaque re-forms quickly, and, if plaque remains on the teeth, it hardens under the gums into tartar, which can only pass through Tooth cleaning to remove.
Also, plaque can cause gingivitis, the mildest form of gum disease. Inflamed gums can become red, swollen, painful, and bleed. Persistent gum inflammation can lead to periodontitis. Over time, if not Prompt treatment can eventually lead to tooth loss.
Expert Tip: Dental health is very important, so we must pay attention to it, prevent it as soon as possible, and don’t regret it until it is serious.
- The main cause
Food residues, soft scales, etc. deposited on the tooth surface or restoration, if not removed in time, will mineralize to form calculus, thereby compressing the red and swollen gums. Bacteria adhere to the surface of calculus, aggravate gingival inflammation, cause periodontal tissue recession, alveolar bone resorption, and loose teeth.
- Inducing factors
1. Overhang of the filling body: It is easy to form plaque accumulation and bacterial reproduction, causing local periodontal tissue inflammation.
2. Orthodontic treatment: food residues, soft scales, etc. adhered around the appliance can cause gingival inflammation and periodontal tissue damage.
3. Trauma in an occlusal relationship: Trauma can damage the periodontal supporting tissue, produce periodontal pockets, and cause alveolar bone resorption.
4. Systemic factors: Another factor is systemic factors, such as the patient’s endocrine disorders, malnutrition, and blood diseases, which will cause the patient’s physique to decline, and the periodontal to lose its resistance to external invading bacteria, thereby causing periodontal disease.
5. Drug factors: fibrous hyperplasia and volume increase of gingival tissue caused by long-term use of certain drugs, clinical manifestations of gingival hypertrophy. Such long-term use of the antiepileptic drug phenytoin sodium, calcium channel blocker nifedipine, and immunosuppressant cyclosporine can damage the gum tissue.
Is periodontal treatment necessary?
It is necessary to treat periodontal disease. With the improvement of living standards, people want to enjoy life better. Periodontal disease can affect the eating experience. Periodontal disease is a chronic disease that mainly damages periodontal tissues, including periodontal ligament, alveolar bone, gingiva, etc. The long-term inflammation in tissues leads to the destruction of periodontal supporting tissues and the gradual resorption of alveolar bone.
The teeth grow in the alveolar bone. After the bone is damaged, the bone mass gradually decreases, the root of the tooth is exposed, the gums shrink, the teeth seem to be longer, and the teeth appear irreversible loosening. Therefore, once periodontal disease is discovered, it is necessary to treat it in time to avoid further deterioration of the periodontal disease, and at the same time, it is necessary to develop good oral hygiene habits.
Air scaler handpiece sonic in dental office
The air scaler handpiece can convert the pneumatic energy into frequency vibration energy to remove unnecessary calculus, and the vibration frequency is low, moreover, the amplitude is also adjustable. So it will feel very comfortable when operating.
Air Scaler Handpiece Sonic Features:
1. Kavo SONICflex style. MULTIflex connection
2. Fiber optic with light. With dual fiber lighting, durable, so that the treatment process is bright without blind spots
3. Three different performance levels
4. Equipped with limited force wrench to ensure the tightness of the tips installation
5. Built-in water cooling, comfortable painless
6. Oscillation frequency 5000-6000 Hz, optimal treatment options;
7. Power set with safety lock, accurate and reliable
8. Usage: removal of gingival subgingival calculus, cleaning teeth, root surface formation, root canal preparation, and inlay
preparation and so on.
9. With 3 Scaler Tips SJ1 SJ2 SJ3
1. Switch the power level from Gentle to Standard by turning the blue adjuster ring.
2. There is a safety lock at power level 2.
3. To bypass it, press the adjuster ring forward and turn it to power level.